baslinux - Re: [BL] "attempt to read beyond of device" error

  • From: "Matt Wilkie" <maphew AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] "attempt to read beyond of device" error
  • Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 19:57:55 -0800

Most Thinkpads have an "inverted floppy drive change line"
(why IBM did it this way, I don't know). To fix it, add:
floppy=thinkpad
to the loadlin line in boot.bat (in your DOS directory)

Aaahhh, many thanks for that! I've already removed all remnants of dos
& windows though. I think I have some old boot floppies in the
basement; I'll go have a look.

--
-matt