baslinux - Re: [BL] "attempt to read beyond of device" error

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] "attempt to read beyond of device" error
  • Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 14:33:14 +1300

Matt Wilkie wrote:

> So I conclude either the floppy drive/cotroller is failing
> or BSL just doesn't grok it's disk-is-changed language.

I seem to remember that the floppies on early Thinkpads
were non-standard and needed an extra parameter in Linux.
I'll have a search for it.

> Is there some other way I can get the zimage installed?
> Perhaps copying from an msdos formatted floppy?

Do you have DOS installed on that laptop? If so, you can
download the DOS version of BL3, split it in two, copy them
to floppies and rejoined them in the laptop. Let us know
if you need some help with this.