baslinux - [BL] BL3 with WINE/MSWORD

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] BL3 with WINE/MSWORD
  • Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 21:23:00 +0000 (UTC)

Someone suggested WINE might take up less space than Win98 (150MB).
The precompiled binary bz2 for Slackware 10.1, 10.2 or 11.0 is about 10MB and the source code 11MB. I don't want to compile it. Does anyone know of a precompiled version for Slackware 8.1 or earlier?

I got 404 not found at linuxpackages for Xwine for 8.1, at all the mirror sites.

Someone wants Opera in linux but also MS WORD to practice on for working in an MS OFFICE.

I made a 300MB Win98 partition and 200MB linux and Win98 has only 50MB left in it without a browser but with Adobe Reader 5 and a spell-checking text editor. (I added BL2 ramdisk and BL3 loop as a backup and a backup of all of the ext2 linux in 23MB, and DOS games too).

The ext2 linux has 35MB used and lots of free space. She does not want Abiword.

The most popular programs under wine are all shooting games but WORD 97 and later are also listed as usable applications under WINE.