baslinux - Re: [BL] No Job Control on Glibc2 Bl3

  • From: Lee Forrest <lforrestster AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] No Job Control on Glibc2 Bl3
  • Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 20:37:41 +0000

On Sat, Feb 17, 2007 at 03:22:12PM -0800, David Moberg wrote:
> Lee Forrest wrote:
> > I can put running apps to sleep in the background with Ctrl-z,
> > but can't make them run in the background with "bg" or bring them
> > to the foreground with "fg". "jobs" reports that there aren't any.
>
> Maybe try bash2?

I've been trying to avoid that. It's a big package. But that may indeed
be the solution.

> The busybox shell should work just fine, though.

That's what I think too.

> Are you sure you haven't changed anything important from your
> libc5-based setup?

What I've been doing is gradually copying stuff over that's compatible
with glibc2, and finding replacments for that which isn't.

Got all the /dev files. A new /etc/termcap. The same /etc/magic.
Got the /usr/share/terminfo dir from libc5 BL3. Haven't done any of
the networking stuff yet except /etc/{hosts,host.conf}.

I thought it might be something like a keyboard mapping file, but the
only related stuff on libc5-Bl3 that I can find is not that basic, but
has to do with russian and czech char sets and such.

Thanks, David,

Lee

--
BasicLinux: Small is Beautiful