baslinux - Re: [BL] long filenames 32

  • From: "Ron Clarke" <ariadne AT ausreg.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] long filenames 32
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 17:34:12 +1000

Hi Greg,

On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 16:37:45 +1030, Greg Mayman wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 17:44:29 +0000, Lee Forrest wrote:

>> It's a great file browser, but when you cd to another directory,
>> and exit, you are still in the directory you started in.

It is possible to configure some versions of mc to leave you in the
directory you were last in - in other words it can take you where you
want to go and leave you there.

> So why should I exit?

> I can do just about everything I want from within mc, can't I?

Actually, you still have the CLI while running mc. Whatever command
you type will be executed.

Also, if you press Alt+O, you get a command prompt in an empty screen.
It is a new shell. Pressing Alt+O again exits the shell and returns you to mc.

> If I am at the CLI I can use links to view the HTML file.
> If I am already using mc I can press F3 to do the same thing.

Exactly ! There are many different ways to do stuff in Linux - one
of its charms. :)

Regards,
Ron

Ron Clarke