baslinux - Re: [BL] long filenames 32

  • From: "Greg Mayman" <gmone AT tpg.com.au>
  • To: lforrestster AT gmail.com, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] long filenames 32
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 16:37:45 +1030

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 17:44:29 +0000, Lee Forrest wrote:

> It's a great file browser, but when you cd to another directory,
> and exit, you are still in the directory you started in.

So why should I exit?

I can do just about everything I want from within mc, can't I?

And I shouldn't need to exit until I am finished, right?

> He's a lot better with the manners thing than he was when he
> first arrived, eh? I'm thinking he can probably be civilized
> with a little more patience.

I can stay polite as long as I don't keep getting needled like this
business about not being allowed to use Midnight Commander.

I have installed lynx.

If I am at the CLI I can use links to view the HTML file.

If I am already using mc I can press F3 to do the same thing.

There is no problem, except that people keep on and on saying I _must_
use links for HTML.

. ,-./\
. / \ from Greg Mayman, in Adelaide, South Australia
. \_,-*_/ "Queen City of The South" 34:55 S 138:36 E
. v