baslinux - Re: [BL] long filenames 24

  • From: Lee Forrest <lforrestster AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] long filenames 24
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 15:53:08 +0000

On Mon, Jan 29, 2007 at 09:49:11AM +1030, Greg Mayman wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Jan 2007 23:19:45 +0000, Lee Forrest wrote:
[delete]
> But I still see only the short filenames.

Not being a M$ person, I don't have any idea what you are talking about
there.

> > I checked out what you said about the Reply-To header. The
> > only other (sort-of) active list members with their own
> > addresses in that header are Christof Lange and Sheldon
> > Isaac, and theirs also include the list address.
>
> > I'd guess that the differences are the result of personal
> > preference settings for the list at ibiblio.
>
> I can appreciate that. That's what the personal preferences are
> for.
>
> But when I reply to your message, I get both addresses in the
> To: field, then if I don't delete one of them, you will get one
> copy of my reply directly and a second one through the list.
>
> I know it is not my business, but I wonder whether this is what
> you intended.

No. If I'd intended that, I'd have put both addresses in my
Reply-To header. In fact, I would _prefer_ it if people would
post list replies only to the list.

Why does this issue concern you? It never occurred to _me_ to
check out people's Reply-To headers until you brought it up.
I just hit List-Reply (in mutt) to respond to a post on the
list. If I want to contact someone personally, I create a
new mail for that purpose.

Lee

--
BasicLinux: Small is Beautiful