baslinux - Re: [BL] nmap and security

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] nmap and security
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 19:44:53 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 28 Jan 2007, Karolis Lyvens wrote:

On Sun, Jan 28, 2007 at 04:34:34PM +0000, sindi keesan wrote:
If you want a better scanner that doesn't require javascript (maybe it
will work even with lynx/links):

http://www.hq42.net/net_tools/index.php

I can access it with lynx (from sdf) but there is a warning that a
portscan could seriously annoy the administrator.

Who is?.. Who is responsible for your systems? You (although I don't
think that is is a great idea to port-scan SDF or other shell provider).

Also, port scanner there allows only your IP to be scanned.

When I used it it scanned a lot of things that I am not running such as netstat, after saying it would do my IP number (I checked and it was the same as IPLOCAL). Does this mean I annoyed my ISP? And 768 ports were closed so not scanned. Would the others be scanned even if they do not exist?

I can post the result at my site some time (it would require rebooting out of DOS and using Opera first) if you are curious to see it.

Karolis