baslinux - Re: [BL] New TinyX From David Moberg 22

  • From: Lee Forrest <lforrestster AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] New TinyX From David Moberg 22
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 17:29:28 +0000

On Fri, Jan 26, 2007 at 04:39:12PM -0800, David Moberg wrote:
> (Sorry Lee, I trimmed the wrong address from the message.

Sall right. I figured it out.

> Subject: Re: [BL] New TinyX From David Moberg 21
>
> Is there some reason you are putting random numbers after a brand-new
> subject thread?

Not random, hex (to keep the number of characters to a minimum).
In order. It's because I don't receive copies of my posts to
the list here, but just a "BasLinux post acknowledgement" which
includes nothing from my post except the subject. No way to tell
multiple posts to a thread apart without the added numbers.

If the acknowldegments included the message-id from my posts, I
wouldn't have to do that. Sorry.

> Lee Forrest wrote:
> > http://davidjmoberg.googlepages.com/Xi810.tgz
>
> Wasn't really meant for general consumption, but anyone is certainly
> welcome to try it. Don't expect it to work everywhere that Xvesa does,
> though.

And don't expect Xvesa to work (well) where it does!

That's why they created the different tinyX's, after all.

> > This is an experimental package which requires (and includes)
> > two uclibc baselibs.
>
> Files were shamelessly stolen from delilinux 0.7.1 (current). I'm not
> sure if this setup requires a 2.4 kernel, but I would expect that it
> wouldn't, since delilinux is a relatively small distribution, and
> Xi810 doesn't manipulate directories like a file management tool
> would.

I wouldn't call them "stolen", David. It's open source. No one expects
you to rewrite libc? every time you create a package. _They_ "stole" them
from uClibc, after all....

Lee

--
BasicLinux: Small is Beautiful