baslinux - Re: [BL] Loop BL3 with kernel 2.4.31 and emm386

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Loop BL3 with kernel 2.4.31 and emm386
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 17:47:40 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007, Samual Acorn wrote:

humor me on a theory?

disable all bios mirroring (video/system/shadow) and see if emm386
still makes a difference..

if no difference is found open msdos.sys (dos 7+ only) with a text
editor and add the line 'DOS=NOAUTO' (F5 does not always a clean
slate make)
This is an 'invalid setting'. Our msdos.sys is a dummy one.

The kernel panic problem has disappeared (it was probably my error) and 2.4.31 boots in loop but is Read Only File System.