baslinux - [BL] USB 2.0 ehci-hcd.o for 2.4.31 (glibc 2.2.5 version)

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] USB 2.0 ehci-hcd.o for 2.4.31 (glibc 2.2.5 version)
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 18:51:27 +0000 (UTC)

USB 2.0 is 2001 and later hardware.

http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/2.4.31/ehci-hcd.o

Uploaded separately from the main package (which may not include the lucent modules either, in another package here).

Copy into /lib/modules/2.4.31/ wherever you have the other USB drivers or ./kernel/drivers/usb/host if you got my full package. For BL3 I just copied the relevant drivers into ./misc (all but pcmcia).

With smf kernel (or my other 2.4.31 kernels including laptop)
but NOT with David's kernel, which needs David's modules because he copmpiled using a different glibc:

insmod scsi_mod
insmod sd_mod
insmod usbcore
insmod ehci-hcd (or usb-ohci, usb-uhci, uhci for USB 1.1 controllers)
insmod usb-storage

Wait for it to find your USB memory stick, memory card reader, zip drive or hard drive, or USB storage camera as /dev/sda1, hit Enter to get the prompt, then mount /dev/sda1 /mnt (or on /camera or /flash etc.)

!!!!!!!! umount /dev/sda1 before removing the stick!!!!!!!

You can unplug and replug the stick and it should be found again as the same /dev/sda1. UMOUNT IT FIRST before unplugging or you risk screwing up the file system on the stick.

If a second USB device is plugged in it is sda2, etc.

Onboard USB 1.1 is dead on my fastest 'junk' computer. A friend gave us a USB 2.0 add-in card which worked in DOS but not as UHCI or OHCI in linux. The hardware is backwards compatible but the drivers are not. The driver was tested by me only on this card but in 2001 was said to work with Intel, NEC, Philips and VIA controllers.

Unfortunately the card does not work physically in this case unless you remove the side and plug into the internal USB slot. The external ones are blocked at the edges. More filing needed on the slot edges.

My partner assured me it all worked and left it with the flash drive inside the computer. Big help.

New use for junk hard drives - three local artists want the aluminum disks and copper 'flowers' for making jewelry, paintings, etc.

  • [BL] USB 2.0 ehci-hcd.o for 2.4.31 (glibc 2.2.5 version), sindi keesan, 01/09/2007