baslinux - Re: [BL] 2001 Gateway 300S PRB PC

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: BasicLinux List <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] 2001 Gateway 300S PRB PC
  • Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 09:10:15 +1300

Lee Forrest wrote:

> The computers Sindi has are all, literally, pieces of junk.

So are mine. In fact BasicLinux was designed specifically
for those pieces of junk.

> Gateway makes good stuff. So good that they don't even have
> to advertise.

People with Gateways and other fancy computers are welcome
here but they have to realize that BasicLinux was not designed
for their hardware. The target hardware is 486s and early
Pentiums. People with more recent hardware may find that some
of it does not work with BasicLinux.

> Any rational person would choose this computer over every
> single computer Sindi owns. All of them together.

I suppose that makes me irrational then.