baslinux - [BL] ISA lucent modem

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] ISA lucent modem
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 16:48:13 +0000 (UTC)

1995 chipset

insmod lt_modem.o - okay
insmod lt_serial.o ..... No such device.

Cannot insmod ppp either - two unresolved symbols, so not a hardware modem.

It is not a pnp problem (needs isapnp) or a device or resource busy (wrong modem). See below.

I think this modem is too old to work with lt_serial.o.
Our 1997 (?) pci lucent modems that work at 28.8K in windows work at 56K with the linux drivers.

I will use a 33K hardware modem and recycle this one.

1. http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Winmodems-and-Linux-HOWTO-4.html

3.1 ltmodem 5.78

Supports: ISA/PCI modem, with a Lucent chipset (Mars family)

Features: Kernel module; simulate a serial port. Does PPP, Fax and
Voice

Requires: 2.2.x or 2.4.x; ISA PNP Support; Loadable module support; C
Compiler

Problems:

* Unresolved symbols: xxx_isapnp_xxxx: run modprobe isapnp.
* Device or ressource busy: your modem is not compliant with the
driver

(for a previous version)

Problems:

* 'ltmodem: init_module: device or resource busy':
+ You have no lt modem or compliant installed
+ If you have a ISA modem, it is not configured by isapnp
+ If you have a PCI modem, the PCI support in the kernel was
not configured

Another driver:

3.3 The LTMODEM program (OpenSource driver)

Authors: Richard Close and Pavel Machek