baslinux - Re: [BL] About USB

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] About USB
  • Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 01:46:57 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 29 Dec 2006, Hermang Mansilla wrote:

Hi,
I want to let you know that I am running Baslinux from
a usb flashdrive using the kernel and modules that
came bundled with a small Linux distribution called
Peanut Linux version 9.1
it uses kernel 2.5.0
I highly recommend it.

Thanks. I have run it from flash drive after booting with David Moberg's 1-floppy USB linux, and chrooting. Saves finding a way to boot from USB (which I think someone explained how to do with a boot manager).

The kernel has support for ntfs included so you can
install baslinux in Win XP with no problems.

Can you write to as well as read from ntfs? If so, maybe David Moberg can put together a 1-floppy BL that can deal with XP as well as USB.

Bye!
-Hermang H.M.M.