baslinux - Re: [BL] BL2 networking with Win9

  • From: Lee Forrest <lforrestster AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL2 networking with Win9
  • Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 17:18:38 -0800

On Tue, Dec 19, 2006 at 01:03:43PM +1300, 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:
> sindi keesan wrote:
> >
> > httpd in busybox (run from the directory where I want to
> > serve files with no options, just defaults) loaded but
> > did not serve the directory. 404 not found.
>
> The busybox httpd does not serve directories. If there
> is no index.html in the directory, you get 404.
>
> > Has anyone used it with BL?
>
> Yes, I use it often -- mostly to upload files to the
> BL3 sites. I ssh to the site and wget the file from
> my computer (on dialup!). Pretty cool.

_Very_ cool.

There's also the PUT and POST methods for transfering files
to a webserver, as defined in rfc1945 (HTTP/1.0). It would
be possible to create a netcat script that would do that,
although I don't know what the permission issues would be.

It's just another request like the usual GET we use to download
webpages. It's a pretty simple protocol, actually.

wget http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1945.txt

Lee