baslinux - Re: [BL] fastmail.fm for baslinux mails

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] fastmail.fm for baslinux mails
  • Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 21:26:16 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 7 Dec 2006, David Moberg wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:
My test mail to the list reached me at fastmail.fm
<sindikeesan AT fastmail.fm> said:
I just signed up as a test with my fastmail.fm account and got an

Lynx does not work conveniently with webmail, use links instead.
I have to delete every line individually with lynx, and arrow down to
the next one.

Can't you use an external editor with lynx? I think you can set one up
in the options. I use lynx with webmail (links does not work) and
either nano (BL2) or e3vi (BL3). Works fine.

David

Links2 works with fastmail webmail, and it wordwraps.
Lynx does not wordwrap with either pico or pico -w.

Fastmail offers POP mail for an annual fee ($20/year?).
I don't like webmail (takes too long to use) or pop mail (takes too long to download and upload, especially if spam slips through or someone sends a 7MB photo).