baslinux - Re: [BL] sshd on basic linux

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] sshd on basic linux
  • Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 21:30:57 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 4 Aug 2006, sindi keesan wrote:

Why not telnet instead? Check the archives, I had it working via serial
cable, as root.

To telnet over a serial nullmodem cable see:
https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/baslinux/2004-October/005429
See also Steven's response with corrections.

Edit /etc/inittab on the computer to which you telnet. Use microcom or any other terminal program (minicom, kermit) on the computer from which you telnet. Run in.telnetd on the computer to which you telnet (from tcpip1.tgz).

I think I telnetted from BL3 to BL2 this way and I logged in as root.

Steven, why do we need the password package to telnet?

There was also another method for setting up a serial network with pppd or something.