baslinux - Re: [BL] BasicLinux

  • From: Jerry H Chambers <btjc1997 AT juno.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BasicLinux
  • Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 14:12:20 -0700

Hi,

That's true, DOS was already installed but also programs were a lot
easier to install or remove, not files scattered in multiple directories.

Anyway, back to my learning curve, mostly down hill i'm afraid.

I now get-

Warning: Unable to open an initial console.
Kernal panic: No init found. Try passing init= option to Kernal

At that point the PC is locked up.

I wish the box would boot from the CD and I'd just boot up one of several
CD bootable Linux distros I have, oh well I'll eventually get it and
hopefully learn in the process!

Thanks,

Jerry