baslinux - Re: [BL] DOS mouse drivers mess up Xvesa in BL3.40

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] DOS mouse drivers mess up Xvesa in BL3.40
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 02:12:51 +0000 (UTC)

Another problem on the DOS games/linux internet computers. My partner set up a menu to choose games using 4DOS and when he loads 4DOS he loads a ramdisk. This prevented BL2 ramdisk from booting and I had to exit from 4DOS before starting BL2. (I think he fixed this somehow by using emm386 for upper memory and/or unloaded the ramdisk). At least mice drivers and ramdisks can be unloaded before booting with loadlin. I don't know of a way to unload himem.sys after it is loaded.