baslinux - Re: [BL] gphoto2 binary for BL3

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] gphoto2 binary for BL3
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 21:32:14 -0700

3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

Found my camera.

> 3) Plug in and turn on your camera.

I had to select "PC Connect" from my camera's onscreen menu.

Hmm, I hadn't thought of that. On USB cameras the camera detects
whether a PC is attached to the other side of the cable and, if so,
automatically starts waiting for commands. I suppose it is harder for
serial cameras to do that. I will tell potential users to check for
such a "PC Connect" option and select it, if necessary.

> 4) Execute 'gphoto2 --port=serial:/dev/ttyS0 --camera="Camera name"

I think it should be: --port=/dev/ttyS0

The manpage and manual suggested --port=serial:/dev... I will suggest
--port=/dev if it works, since this method is simpler.

It seems to be working fine. Here's what I did step
by step in BL3.
unzip bl3-40.zip
boot
pkg /DOS/baslin/gphoto2.tgz
insmod cdrom
insmod ide-cd
insmod isofs
mount /dev/hdc /mnt
pkg /mnt/slakware/a7/ldso.tgz
gphoto2 --list-cameras
gphoto2 --port=/dev/ttyS1 --camera="Kodak DC3200" -P
Then it transfered all 20 files from the camera.
Well done, David, it works fine with my DC3200.

Thank you for testing this with your camera.

My I suggest that you add the necessary stuff from
ldso.tgz to your gphoto2.tgz. That would make the
installation much simpler for users.

That's a good idea. I think, but am not certain, that the necessary
file is ld-linux.so.1.9.9, symlinked to ld-linux.so.1. (BL3 has
version 1.9.7 which doesn't appear to work.) I added this file, plus a
command to make the symlink in doinst.sh, and it seems to work now on
a default BL3.40 installation. I am currently uploading the updated,
~950K package. Please report if I broke anything.

Thanks,
David