baslinux - Re: [BL] gphoto2 binary for BL3

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] gphoto2 binary for BL3
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 16:20:20 -0700

Ron Clarke wrote:

> To set it up for usage, download and install the 900K package:
>
> (I want to verify that everyone can easily follow the directions and
> get it to work before I put it on my BL3 downloads page.)

It works for me just fine with my Kodak EasyShare C300 USB camera,
exactly the same as - or better - than my own dynamically compiled version
for SW9.1.

Excellent, thanks for reporting! So, according to gphoto2
--list-cameras, BL3 supports accessing at least 674 cameras without a
card reader. So much for not supporting new hardware. :)

> Also download and install ldso.tgz from SW40. I don't know exactly why
> this ldso package is needed, but I do know that without it, gphoto2
> doesn't work correctly.

To anyone else watching this thread: you may want to back up your
/etc/ld.so.conf file first, since ldso.tgz overwrites it and a few
other files with its own versions.

> In addition to the terse provided documentation, there is an official
> gphoto2 manual: http://gphoto.sourceforge.net/doc/manual/

Might get that later, as in "when all else fails, read the instructions
!".

The manual helped me see why gphoto2 wasn't working on BL3
(/proc/bus/usb not mounted).

David