baslinux - Re: [BL] naim compiling was: BL 3.32 in qemu report/questions

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] naim compiling was: BL 3.32 in qemu report/questions
  • Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 17:09:54 -0700

sindi keesan wrote:

> http://shell.n.ml.org/n/naim/naim-0.11.8.1.tar.bz2 is the latest
> release. It uses the new AOL protocol, which is the feature that James
> wants.

Got with wget, copied to /uclibc, bunzip2, tar -xvf, cd naim*
configure && make - it is configured and started to 'make' but exited with
Error 2.

In file included from buddy.c:8:
naim-int.h:35.5: #error Unable to locate ncurses.h; please see http:
Followed by a lot of warnings and undeclareds.

I found /uclibc/usr/include/ncurses.h .
Do I edit Makefile to point at the /uclibc/usr/include directory?

Did you chroot before you started compiling? If not, please delete the
naim directory first (to remove any stale references to the libc that
you have in your main root), then unpack the tar.bz2 again, then
chroot to /uclibc, change to the naim* directory, and finally issue:

LDFLAGS="-static" ./configure && make

(Note the setting of the LDFLAGS environment variable - this should
build it statically.) Now it should compile cleanly.

> To build, just unpack, descend into the top source directory, and
> execute configure && make. make install DESTDIR="/directory" will
> allow you to install it to any empty directory, so you can easily make
> a .tgz by switching to the directory and using tar.

I forgot about static compiling and chrooting, which are necessary steps.
Sorry.

David