baslinux - Re: [BL] Help !!! Deleted /home directory

  • From: "Ron Clarke" <ariadne AT earthlink.com.au>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Help !!! Deleted /home directory
  • Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 08:56:02 +1000

Hi Folks,

On Mon, 1 May 2006 16:16:09 -0500 (CDT), James Miller wrote:

> Ron:

> Any progress on dir recovery?

Not yet. I am starting to believe it may be possible, but I am still
a bit in shock. Didn't get much sleep last night. :(

> Did you run acorss this link yet:
> http://www.stud.tu-ilmenau.de/~mojo/undelete.html ?

No, I hadn't. I have now been there and downloaded stuff. I will
have a good read of everything before I dare to start.

I will probably have to buy a USB external drive big enough to take
the volume that is deleted - that partition is 32 GB, and the directory
that is gone (/home) is more than half of it. The rest of both hard
drives are already taken up with DOS and other Linuxes.

Regards,
Ron

Ron Clarke
Tadpole Tunes http://www.tadpoletunes.com