baslinux - [BL] Help !!! Deleted /home directory

  • From: "Ron Clarke" <ariadne AT earthlink.com.au>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Help !!! Deleted /home directory
  • Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 22:03:15 +1000

Hi Folks,

I am in real strife ! It doesn't help that it was my own fault.
I have deleted, yes deleted, the directory /home in my main BL2
installation.
This is the directory that contains all the email records for the
last couple of years, all my setup info for my domails (including
passwords and stuff), ad all the documnts I have downloaded for my
business.
In other words, I am facing the unthinkable.

I am avoiding booting into that installation, but I can get to it
from other BL3 and SW9.1 distros on other partitions. I have read and
re-read the HOWTOs on undeleting on an ext2 file system, and I am still
none the wiser, well, not much wiser.

Has anybody else recovered from such a disaster ?

Regards in anguish,
Ron

Ron Clarke
Tadpole Tunes http://www.tadpoletunes.com