baslinux - Re: [BL] Help !!! Deleted /home directory

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Help !!! Deleted /home directory
  • Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 08:48:28 -0500 (CDT)

Sorry to hear about your plight, Ron. This is just a quick reply since I have to run, but I'll try and revisit this thread later in the day if no other helpful advice has been offered. I faced a somewhat similar situation recently, but not similar enough to be of direct help to you. I lost a very important file (auto-deleted by the system [Debian] on reboot since I have mistakenly put the file in the /tmp directory). This won't be much help because it was a reiserfs filesystem. In the end I was able to recover the file, though I hosed the rest of the installation in the process. I did run across info on undeleting ext2fs files/dirs as I researched how to recover my file, though. Once I get back home I'll check to see if anyone else has offered help on your problem and will perhaps add to that what I learned about ext2fs recovery during my research. Hope yu're able to resurrect your data.

James