baslinux - Re: [BL] BL 3.40 and qemu summary

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL 3.40 and qemu summary
  • Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 19:20:14 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 30 Apr 2006, David Moberg wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

Typing 'qemu' without --help also complains about libasound. Should I try
using qemu anyway?

It will not work until you either:

a) find a libSDL-1.2.so (glibc2.3.1-compatible) that doesn't require
libasound or any other library that you do not have.
I have all the libraries now, I think.

b) install a copy of libasound.so.2 (it should be in the SW90 l/arts package).

I found it in lib-alsa*tgz in SW9.1 and copied over just that one library to /usr/lib and symlinked it to the library that qemu wanted.
I have now 'installed':
SW10.2 glibc (SW9.1 probably would have worked) - 1.45M plus libm etc.
(This should prove useful for other programs).

qemu - 750K (do I also need qemu-i386 and qemu-img, which have minimal dependencies, or could I use them instead of qemu?)
libSDL - 396K (from the SDL package SW9.1) with symlink
libasound - 657K with symlink

TOTAL - about 1.8MB of files so far. I already had libeXt (from icewm.tgz), libz, libutil and libpthread and libdl.

When I type 'qemu' I now get a list of help.

I did not find any need for esound arts or audiofile but I am not actually running qemu yet. And I don't plan to use it with sound, just WP51 and a text editor in DOS, maybe also a CAD program that needs a mouse and graphics.

Next I will download the FreeDOS image and/or the BL3.40 qemu image and read instructions in previous emails.