baslinux - [BL] QT

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] QT
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 16:57:50 -0000

Our DOS CAD program only does VGA, and the two others I tried crash. (One was tested by the author only in a Windows DOS box, where it works. !!!).

I found qcad, about 2MB binary with lots of libraries and fonts, but it 'needs QT', or apparently libqt.so.3 and libc6. SW71 has qt 1.45, SW81 qt 3.0. Is it enough just to copy over that one library and symlink it, without installing 15MB or so of the whole package, or KDE itself?

This program creates DXF (vector) files, which I would need to convert to something bitmapped to print (or maybe just do a screen capture). vec2web can convert DXF to GIF JPEG PNG PPM PS BMP etc, but it requires QT developer's version to compile. QCAD used it to create a parts library.

I looked at the Redhat 7.2 binary of FreeDraft engineering 2D CAD program, the author of which recommends QCAD instead. 700K binary with two pages of dependencies that I think are GTK (libGL, GLU, TKernel.....) also things from xbin (libXi, libXm), libV, libVgl (not found), libglut (mesa.tgz), libdime (not found).

There are several CAD programs based on Python, including PythonCAD (1.2MB RPM binary). Would these be smaller than the GTK or QT varieties? We want mainly straight lines and minimal text. tkcadvas (Python) is 46K code.

Sketch/Skencil is apparently more of a painting program.

keesan AT sdf.lonestar.orgSDF Public Access UNIX System - http://sdf.lonestar.org