baslinux - Re: [BL] jPhoto and java

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] jPhoto and java
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 23:10:41 +0000 (UTC)

Java is supposedly platform independent and does everything and is a 10MB download, and it lets people write photo transfer code that can be used on all platforms (linux and Windows, maybe not DOS), but it is not something you can carry around with you on a floppy disk in order to share your photos with friends.

We will suggest the purchase of a used SD card reader for $3.

We took home the broken Windows computer, so I can copy over the Opera preferences file (what is it called?) to a linux Opera in BL3.4 installed to a loop partition or a second drive, to be used with the ltmodem if possible, and glibc 2.2.5 so and kernel 2.4.31 with USB mass storage support.

Also with libc5 or glibc netpbm and scripts to mount the card reader and transfer photos, shrink, view with xli, and copy them to floppy disk.

The owner of the computer still thinks his monitor is the 'computer' and tried to plug the phone line into it.