baslinux - Re: [BL] DSL question (was Re: slow upload speed)

  • From: Samual Acorn <sam.acorn AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] DSL question (was Re: slow upload speed)
  • Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 09:34:17 -0600

On 29/12/05, Sheldon Isaac <SheldonIsaac AT myrealbox.com> wrote:

> >Subject: Re: [BL] DSL question (was Re: slow upload speed)
> > From: Samual Acorn <sam.acorn AT gmail.com>
> > Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 07:45:49 -0600
> > To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
>

> Good morning, Sam. Thanks for trying to help,

uhh... your welcome? lol... btw, its night for me.... ;)

> >type 'mixerset' (if its installed) and turn up the volume.... that
> >is... if soundlow soundcore sound and sb modules are loaded... if they
> >are even included....
>
> I will check on that - I think lsmod showed sb and a couple more like that
>
> I will seee about mixerset I think I'd seen wmix ? suggested.
> DSL 1.5 has some GUI thing called slit on the desktop, and AFAICS, the
> volume is turned up.
> I was using xmms , and played with it option to no avail.

it 'played'? as in acted like it was playing just no sound? or did it
get 'stuck' when you clicked play?

> >if its a PNP SB16 set 'plug and play os' to 'no' in the bios....
>
> Pretty sure it is, but will check at next reboot
>
> >but it moreso sounds to me like the mixer isnt turned up....
> >
> >also... this may sound obvious but are the speakers connected to
> >speaker/line out?
>
> Mm, maybe they'e on speaker-out, which has more ooomph. I've been
> primarily a Win98 user.

win98 may have put it in a different place than the regular A220 I5 D1
H5... if this is a dual-boot compare whats in the hardware listing
with /proc/interrupts and /proc/ioports ... make sure both OSs are
playing on the same page...

yes the speaker out definitly has some more 'oomph'... 4 watts of
it.... be gentle when connecting headphones.... ;)

> is the volume slider turned up? (older sb16s had a
> >volume slider by the speaker out connector.... wish soundcards still
> >had it... very handy...)
>
> No, this is an SB16 from about 1996?

i think mine says 1995....has hardware jumpers and the panasonic sony
and mitsumi cdrom connectors on it too ;)
(yes.. its an sb16... not a pro)