baslinux - Re: [BL] DSL question (was Re: slow upload speed)

  • From: Sheldon Isaac <SheldonIsaac AT MyRealBox.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] DSL question (was Re: slow upload speed)
  • Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 09:14:38 -0500

>Subject: Re: [BL] DSL question (was Re: slow upload speed)
> From: Samual Acorn <sam.acorn AT gmail.com>
> Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 07:45:49 -0600
> To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org

Good morning, Sam. Thanks for trying to help,

>type 'mixerset' (if its installed) and turn up the volume.... that
>is... if soundlow soundcore sound and sb modules are loaded... if they
>are even included....

I will check on that - I think lsmod showed sb and a couple more like that

I will seee about mixerset I think I'd seen wmix ? suggested.
DSL 1.5 has some GUI thing called slit on the desktop, and AFAICS, the
volume is turned up.
I was using xmms , and played with it option to no avail.

>if its a PNP SB16 set 'plug and play os' to 'no' in the bios....

Pretty sure it is, but will check at next reboot

>but it moreso sounds to me like the mixer isnt turned up....
>
>also... this may sound obvious but are the speakers connected to
>speaker/line out?

Mm, maybe they'e on speaker-out, which has more ooomph. I've been primarily
a Win98 user.

is the volume slider turned up? (older sb16s had a
>volume slider by the speaker out connector.... wish soundcards still
>had it... very handy...)

No, this is an SB16 from about 1996?