baslinux - Re: [BL] cfdisk finds Bad signature on partition table

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] cfdisk finds Bad signature on partition table
  • Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 01:05:48 +0000 (UTC)

Regarding a scsi drive that cfdisk could not handle - could not deal with the partition signature but PQMagic could.

PQMagic (DOS) only works on a computer that can do a SCSI boot.
So does the Adaptec SCSI utility. Syschk finds SCSI drives without scsi-boot ability.

PQM could not find the drives on a newer computer with no SCSI ability.
Short of keeping around a scsi-boot computer, how do I partition a never-partitioned drive? I doubt dos fdisk would do better than pqmagic.

How does one terminate/unterminate a scsi hard drive? We have a 1GB for DOS and a 9GB for linux, to be set to 0,0,0 and 0,4,0, and booted with loadlin, to use with the scsi-boot computer that has a bad ide controller.

I discovered that, even without a DOS aspi*.sys driver (my aspi8dos.sys
for the other scsi card did not seem to work with this one), DOS PQmagic
found it as drive 3 and I am currently formatting it as primary, ext2.
We probably used PQM on the other drive which cfdisk won't handle.

Is there some linux tool for BLs that will work with never-partitioned
drives with no file system on them yet, and with my IDE drive that was
partitioned already, and formatted, and working with linux?