baslinux - Re: [BL] BL to hd

  • From: Tommi Viitanen <totavi AT utu.fi>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL to hd
  • Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 03:18:30 +0300

I did not succeed yet.

While editing LILO I got:

#boot=/dev/hda ##some tekst.
##some tekst.
image=/boot/zimage
label=BL3
root=CURRENT
read-write

I changed it:

boot=/dev/hda
image=/boot/zimage
label=BasicLinux
root=/dev/hda1

And get forward by executing" lilo -v "in shell.

But in the end I got:

Kernel panic: No init found
Try passing init=option to kernel

I did some other tryals and got also:
mount:Mounting /dev/fdo on/fd failed : No such device on address.

I have also all the time had this:

The number of cycles for this disk is set to 1045. .... this is larger than
1024 which may cause some problems. ?

Would it be better to do 2 hda: hda1 and hda2 ?

I'll going to do everything from start again carefully but the LILO editing
is
quite strange. The other question is the IDsystem number: should it be
83:Linux or something else like small Linux or old Linux or anything else.

Cheers, Tommi