baslinux - [BL] It's working !

  • From: Tommi Viitanen <totavi AT utu.fi>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] It's working !
  • Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 05:06:55 +0300

Hello and thank you so much,

It's ok now ! I writed everything down just for sure. It's here if you want
read. Anyway the problem is solved. Next I try to get gcc . I thouht it's
there already but does not seem to be.

CHEERS, Tommi

I started the assemby from start:

1) I did the partition by fdisk and got dev/hda1

> Good. One hard drive partition. (Do you want more
> than one?)

I did two, the first has the cylinders 1-500

2) mke2fs mke2f2 /dev/hda1

mount -t ext2 /dev/hda1 /hd

3) install-to-hd

To boot your ...
1) reboot system with floppy1...
2)LILO:
3) hd root=/dev/hda1

I suppose I must also install lilo to my harddrive:
1)floppy 1 to boot /dev/hda1

I just entered and got the SHELL

2)execute lilo -v

I got the text:

LILO version 20, Copyright 1992-1997 Werner...

Reading boot sector from current root.
Merging with /boot/boot.b
Boot image: /boot/zimage
Added BL3 *
Backup copy of boot sector in /boot/boot.0301
writing boot sector.

3)fdisk a : to make /dev/hda1 the boot partition

I executed:

fdisk /dev/hda
partition number: 1

And got the text:

The partition table has altered!

calling ioctl() to re-read partition table.

WARNING: Re-reading the partition table failed with error 16: Device or
resource busy,
The kernel still uses the old table.
The new table will be used at the next reboot.
Syncing disks.

I checked by fdisk -l :

Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System
/dev/hda1 * 1 500 251968+ 83 Linux
/dev/hda2 501 1024 264096 5 Extended

I did not work so I booted with the disk1 and in LILO:

After pressing CTRL, enter: hd root=/dev/hda1 (as usual)
That will boot the HD version. When you get the shell, enter:
edit /etc/lilo.conf
When you have finished editing, press CTRL-X.
Then execute: lilo -v

Started working !