baslinux - Re: [BL] Driving the wild mouse: laptop trackball issues with X

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Driving the wild mouse: laptop trackball issues with X
  • Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 12:31:52 +1300

junkb0x99 wrote:

> The only problem I've had so far with Basic Linux: When I run X,
> the built-in trackball doesn't work. Either it moves in really
> trippy ways, or it doesn't move at all.

I had the same problem with a Toshiba T1950 trackball.
Xvesa is unable to drive it correctly.

> I tried an external mouse, and it didn't work at all.

An external mouse worked with my T1950 (but I had to disconnect
the trackball first).

> When I exit X, the screen is full of the following:
>
> Switching to mouse protocol "imps/2"
> Switching to mouse protocol "exps/2"
> Switching to mouse protocol "bus"
> Switching to mouse protocol "ps/2"

Xvesa is trying to figure out what kind of mouse you have.
It simply can't identify your trackball.

> How do I disable or ignore some of the mouse protocols,

I don't think this will help, but you are welcome to try.
To see the possible Xvesa parameters, do this:
Xvesa -help
You'll find some mouse parameters there.

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru