baslinux - Re: [BL] Redefining problem - Disk 2

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Redefining problem - Disk 2
  • Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2005 23:07:22 +1200

Nathan Lapointe wrote:

> The current problem I have is with Disk 2. I cannot, for
> some unexplicable reason, seem to put DISK2.TGZ on a 1.44Mb
> Floppy Disk.

I assure you, it does fit.

> When i try it by copy/paste in Linux, it says there is not
> enough room on the floppy.

My copy of disk 2 has 32256 bytes free after disk2.tgz is copied
to it.

> This is after I just reformatted it.

How are you formatting the floppy? Disk 2 needs to have a standard
DOS format (most new floppies are DOS-formatted in the factory).

> Can anybody help me with this? I am so close to getting Linux working
> on this ancient Laptop I can taste it . . .

I am sure we can get it working. Don't give up.

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru