baslinux - [BL] Redefining problem - Disk 2

  • From: "Nathan Lapointe" <smartekid_6 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Redefining problem - Disk 2
  • Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 23:27:03 -0700

Hello,

I apologize for posting 2 messages in a row, but I had to redefine my current problem. The current problem I have is with Disk 2. I cannot, for some unexplicable reason, seem to put DISK2.TGZ on a 1.44Mb Floppy Disk. When i try it by copy/paste in Linux, it says there is not enough room on the floppy. This is after I just reformatted it. When I try it by "dd if=DISK2.TGZ of=/dev/fd0", it puts the info on the floppy, but that, understandably enough, fails to work on my Laptop.

Can anybody help me with this? I am so close to getting Linux working on this ancient Laptop I can taste it . . .

Thanks,

NathanL