baslinux - Re: [BL] Floppy Disk problem

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Floppy Disk problem
  • Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2005 22:56:15 +1200

Nathan Lapointe wrote:

> I am trying to install BasicLinux on a Toshiba Satellite 100CS,

I recently got a Toshiba 110CS and put BasicLinux on it. Works fine.

> I managed to make the first disk fine. I used the dd if=DISK1.IMG,
> and everything went fine. Then I stick it in the laptop, boot
> it, and it doesn't work. Here is exactly what it says:
>
> "LILO Loading BL3_ramdisk..
> Umcompressing Linux . . .
>
> crc error
>
> -- System halted"

Could be a problem with the floppy itself. It must be perfect --
no bad sectors.

> I did get this from the main website about 2 weeks ago, is there
> a newer version out?

No. The old version should work fine.

> Furthermore, when I try and put DISK2.TGZ on a floppy, it tells me
> there is not enough room.

How big is your copy of the file? It should fit on the floppy
(as long as there are no bad sectors).

> That is just by clicking and dragging.

Windows or Linux? If Linux, try doing the copy from the command
line. If Windows, try doing the copy from the DOS command line.

> When i try to put it on the floppy using the "dd if=DISK2.TGZ
> something" then it works. Is this ok?

I don't think that will work.

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru