baslinux - Re: [BL] Compiling for BL3

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT lycos.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Compiling for BL3
  • Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 14:31:57 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "sindi keesan" <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>

> After (or also before) renaming libc6 or libm6 I attempted to
> compile playmidi in BL3 and got two pages of error messages
> relating to io_ncurses.c and line numbers and things that are
> undeclared or implicitly undeclared.
>
> I have libncurses 1.9.9 from SW4.0 and some symlinks.

Is this the development version?

> libncurses.so is a symlink to 1.9.9.
>
> I have also libncurses.so.3 symlinks which points to so.3.4 which
> points to 1.9.9. Mutt (from Christof) for some reason needs 'so.3
> ' rather than so. Grep is very cpu intensive (99.2%).
>
> Libncurses is used to display by playmidi - maybe it can be
> compiled to use svgalib instead?

Does configure allow you to use the --without-ncurses or --without-curses
options?

> Do Stephen with a 'ph'

Maybe we should use last names to differentiate?

> or David want to take a look at playmidi?

Sometime.

> But I think it may not work with a sound card that is not AWE32.

It works with any /dev/sequencer.

> I made a log file (make > log) and it only seems to have gotten as
> far as io_ncurses.c -o io_ncurses.o without making the latter.
>
> There is something about /usr/include/ncurses in the log file. I
> don't have /usr/include/ncurses. Or /usr/lib/oss/include/sys. And
> I did not insmod the sound modules here - do I need to? (I don't
> have Christof;s
> package installed here).

You don't need modules inserted just to build. Try getting the
_development_ ncurses package from slakware/dsomething/ncurses.tgz,
or build without ncurses.

David

once.
http://datingsearch.lycos.com