baslinux - Re: [BL] Compiling for BL3

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT lycos.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Compiling for BL3
  • Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 15:52:43 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "sindi keesan" <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>

> > I found a playmidi binary for glibc-2.1!
>
> Would this require the SW81 glibc?

No, it would require the BL2 glibc, which is glibc-2.1.3. You also
need the ncurses that comes with BL2 (because someone at RedHat
decided that ncurses was a Good Thing)

> I will first attempt to find the developers' ncurses.tgz package in
> SW40 or compile without it (but I think you need it to display if
> you don't want to use svgalib or X11).

What do you need display for? By default, playmidi doesn't even
display anything. It just plays a MIDI file.

David

once.
http://datingsearch.lycos.com