baslinux - [BL] Re: bl3 with ssh protocol 2

  • From: "Samuel W. Heywood" <sheywood AT shentel.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Re: bl3 with ssh protocol 2
  • Date: Sun, 08 May 2005 08:18:34 -0500

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 10:40:14 +0200 (CEST), Stepan Potocky wrote:

> Hello,
> firs of all thank you for nice distro BL.
> I found that ssh from bl3 add-ons supports only protocol version 1.5. In
> our network only version 2 is supported. So I tried to install openssh
> from DeLi Linux, openssh 3.9p1. After: pkg openssh.tgz I tried to run it
> but I am not able to execute it. It has 'x' bit and ./ssh gives:
> -sh: ssh: not found
> Does anyone has some comments?

> Best regards
> Stepan

If your machine does not have a version of ssh that is compatible with
the remote computer, then you might want to find out if the remote
computer supports Skeys.

By setting up Skeys you can log on securely by using just ordinary Telnet
and one-time passwords. When you set up Skeys you should be logged on
with a secure connection. After you have set it up and after you have
received your list of sequentially numbered one-time passwords, then you
can log on securely by using just plain old ordinary Telnet. BTW, if you
have a Unixish shell account at "sdf.lonestar.org" you can do Skeys.
There are many other systems which also support Skeys, so I have heard.

Sam Heywood
-- This message sent by the Arachne Browser, GPL version 1.81 Beta