baslinux - [BL] Console localization with IL2 in BL2

  • From: Stepan Potocky <stepan AT kfy.zcu.cz>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Console localization with IL2 in BL2
  • Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 19:03:35 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,
as I saw from reply, there are some users which maybe can help me with language localization. After problems with ssh I installed BL2 which works fine with Deli Linux openssh and openssl packages. From Slack7.1 I downloaded kbd.tgz from which I am using:
setfont lat2-16.psf.gz; loadkeys cz-lat2.map.gz;
and I also modified ~/.inputrc to contain:
set meta-flag on
set convert-meta off
set output-meta on
set input-meta on
Problem is that I can not correctly display text files (usig vim or pico) which are iso8859-2 coded (IL2). When I change keyboard map (by "pause" as it is defined in cz-lat2.map.gz) I am also not able to input corect czech letter (they are differen to default keyboard but not Czech one).
Is there some one using IL2 coding or eventualy Czech keyboard who can help me or does anyone has some comments?

Best regards
Stepan