baslinux - Re: [BL] Console localization with IL2 in BL2

  • From: Stepan Potocky <stepan AT kfy.zcu.cz>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Console localization with IL2 in BL2
  • Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 12:24:52 +0200 (CEST)

Hello
I still dont now solution why I have wrong displaying of iso02 or lat2
fonts from kbd package. This is still open question.

I found another way so maybe it will be usefull for some other people
using BL. It is based on ucw-cs package
(http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~mj/linuxcs/ucw-cs-1.1.tar.gz) operating
with unicode. Documentation is in Czech only, but using it is very simple:
setfont ucw16.psf
mapscrnuni <latin2.table
and then of course loadkeys...
There is only one thing, mapscrnuni must be recompiled. For that I
installed gcc295.tgz from DeliLinux.

Perhaps it will be usefull for anyone using iso8859-2 character set.

Best regards
Stepan