baslinux - [BL] I was thinking maybe...

  • From: t.maiden AT att.net
  • To: BasLinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [BL] I was thinking maybe...
  • Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 03:15:36 +0000

I was thinking maybe if I copied the disk one floppy image to a CD-ROM, and put a disk two floppy in the floppy drive, could I trick my PC into loading Basic Linux?  My Windows XP computer doesn't have a way to boot from a floppy.  The CD drive is the best bet for alternate booting methods.  I was wondering if qemu could load and run Basic Linux as a "guest" OS inside windows?  Has anyone tried to use qemu with Basic Linux?  I have never burned a bootable CD but I may have to change that.  I don't have the software for doing it on the Windows side.  I may have the Linux software, but I have never investigated that.