baslinux - Re: BL streaming MP3, was Re: [BL] Re: broken windows needs replacing

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: BL streaming MP3, was Re: [BL] Re: broken windows needs replacing
  • Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 17:30:51 +0000 (UTC)

I have made scripts (possibly buggy) for 20 16K of 24K and 1 32K (kcme) and an overall 'rad' script, for stations claiming to be at least partly classical, some of which were playing unpleasant noises Saturday evening. keesan.freeshell.org/bl/rad - main script, and k??? w??? and vpr and mbpc the individual stations.

I did not bother with the 32K stations. When I connect at 24K this leaves me 600bytes/sec to do other things. Someone suggested trying a different modem cable so as to connect at more than 42000. An internal modem gets up to 46000. Why would a 42000 connection only provide 24K plus 600 bytes = 30K?