baslinux - Re: [BL] BL with VESA 2.0 video cards

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL with VESA 2.0 video cards
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 13:34:42 +0000 (UTC)

S3 Trio 3D AGP works with resizecons, svgalib, and Xvesa and is VESA 2.0.
S3 cards seem to work with everything (except for one of my computers which refused to work with any Virge, and one Virge which did not resizecons with any computer). So do Tseng. Trident ditto but the colors are a bit off.

STB Lightspeed AGP (which is slower than all the other AGP cards I tried) is not usable with Xvesa - colors are all messed up. Did not try it with resizecons or svgalib. Will try framebuffer vesafb some day.

ATI framebuffer cards need a different kernel from matroxfb and vesafb so I can't try that one yet with framebuffer. Also we don't have linux on that computer yet.