baslinux - Re: [BL] parallell port

  • From: Stephen Clement <s.clement AT sympatico.ca>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] parallell port
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 17:54:27 -0500

sindi keesan wrote:

Be aware that if you're coming from programming on a
more permissive operating system, like DOS, Linux does
not let you write straight to the hardware. You have to
make a bunch of kernel calls to make everything work.
Have a look at the kernel source and documentation for
more details.

Could someone in this list help my partner convert his DOS text editor (programmed in NASM) to linux? He has tried to use it in DOSEMU but some features don't work. The editor is 4K bytes including help screen and does all sorts of things that e3pi does not. See stu.wccnet.org/~jdeigert for the compiled DOS version and I can post the source code here.

I'm ok with that sorta stuff, if you don't mind could you please e-mail it to me?

Thanks,

Stephen Clement