baslinux - Re: [BL] ipfwadm in BL3

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] ipfwadm in BL3
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 09:25:44 +1300

Carl Reaburn wrote:

> I did use slackware 7.1, bugger! Now how the hell
> am I going to get it all out again?

The following will give you a list of all the files
installed by the pkg
--------------------
tar -ztvf tcpip2.tgz
--------------------

> I don't suppose there is an uninstall?

No, but you could take the above file list and run
it through rm. However, you would need to cut out
the 48 characters that precede the actual filename.
Something like this should work:
cd /
rm `tar -ztvf /path/to/tcpip2.tgz | cut -c48- `
WARNING: I have not tested this, so it might need
some tweaking (eg 48 might not be the right number
for the cut). I suggest you do this first:
tar -ztvf /path/to/tcpip2.tgz | cut -c48-
and check that it is outputting clean filenames.
Then cd / and run it inside the rm ` `
Note: those wee marks are both ` (not ').

> Do I use slackware 7.1 or 4 for the kernel?

BL3 uses kernels and modules from Slackware 7.1.

> I used 7.1 and matched the package to the kernel.

Packages need to match libraries, not kernels.
BL3 (libc5) uses packages from Slackware 4.0 (libc5).
Slackware 3 also has libc5 packages (but the ones in
Slackware 4.0 are more up-to-date).

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru