baslinux - Re: [BL] ipfwadm in BL3

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] ipfwadm in BL3
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 19:17:58 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005, Carl Reaburn wrote:

BL1: Slackware 3.5 kernels/modules Slackware 3.5 packages
BL2: Slackware 7.1 kernels/modules Slackware 7.1 packages
BL3 Slackware 7.1 kernels/modules Slackware 4.0 packages

With BL3 I went back to the old libraries (libc5) because
they are significantly smaller/faster. Slackware 4.0 was
the last Slackware to use libc5. The next Slackware (7.0)
used glibc2.

I did use slackware 7.1, bugger! Now how the hell am I going to get it all out again? I don't suppose there is an uninstall?

If you have the tcpip2.tgz on your computer go to the directory where it is located and type d, which invokes links (, arrow down to the file, Enter key, and it will show you the contents of the file and where the pieces landed, which you can remove by hand from your installation.

When you install the Slackware 4.0 package, you can just pick out the pieces you want and manually copy them to where you want (but you may need to create symlinks as well). You can do ldd

Do I use slackware 7.1 or 4 for the kernel? I used 7.1 and matched the package to the kernel.
Same kernel in both.