baslinux - Re: [BL] Getting ISA NIC working

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Getting ISA NIC working
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 06:36:44 +1300

Anthony Albert wrote:

>it's suggested that it is an NE2000 compatible, so
> you'll want to try the NE2000 driver module.

NE2000 requires the 8390 helper module.
What happens when you do the following?
-----------
insmod 8390
-----------
That should go in without error. If so, proceed
to the next step.

As it says in /root/netsetup, NE2000 ISA cards need
to be given the exact IO address. For example:
------------------
insmod ne io=0x320
However, that will only work if the card is actually
at that address (usually set by jumpers on the card).
If the address is wrong the insmod will fail.

The most common addresses for NE200 cards are:
0x280, 0x300, 0x320, 0x340, 0x360.
I suggest you try them all (one by one).

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru