baslinux - [BL] mutt update completed

  • From: cce.zizkov AT volny.cz
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] mutt update completed
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 04:24:35 +0000

Hi list,

I completed the work on mutt add-on for BL2 and BL3.
As I found another bug in my configuration I had to
update even the version for BL2. It is concerning the
use of pmail with mutt:

-------from .muttrc-----------------------------------------------

The following section is crucial if you use mutt with pmail. As pmail
interprets standard input differently than sendmail it will be instructed
to send mail from a file. This file will be created from the copy that
mutt makes before calling the sendmail routine. Therefore do not use the
options 'record', 'save_name', 'force_name', 'fcc-hook etc.' The sendmail
script first saves the copy to an archive (~/Mail/_archive). Then it
passes the contents to the mailbox used by pmail (~/Mail/_unsent).
Finally it tries to send the messages out with pmail if there is a
connection. If there is no connection at that time, the messages wait
for the next time or until the 'mailmutt' script will be called.

Apart from this, .muttrc is better commented now, the index screen has
been improved, and I added one file that will contain personal changes in
configuration.

New packages can be downloaded here:

http://www.volny.cz/cce.zizkov/download/mutt-bl2.tgz
http://www.volny.cz/cce.zizkov/download/mutt-bl3.tgz